CEPC/CHCDS/Cir-Mem/2015-16 Dated the 4th June 2015
All Members of COA, CEPC,
All Members of CEPC,
All Regional Carpet Manufacturing & Exporters Associations,
Subject: Skill Development on Hand–knotted & Hand Tufted Carpet Weaving to 5000 new artisans in Mirzapur-Bhadohi-Varanasi Carpet Belts under CHCDS Mega Carpet Cluster scheme of the DC (H)
Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC) has taken initiative for imparting trainings in both the segments of hand-knotted and hand-tufted carpet weaving to 5000 new artisans with the aim of creating skilled manpower in carpet sector. The training programme will address the current lack of skilled weavers in the cluster as well as upgrade skills sets to enhance productivity and quality standards, thereby leading to increased production and export potential.
Salient features of the scheme are as under:
CEPC will provide the followings during the training duration:
1. Rs. 2400/-p.m. will be provided to all the trainees; during the training duration;
2. Rs. 7000/- p.m. will be provided to all the trainers; during the training duration;
3. Rs. 2500/- p.m. as lease rent to the Land lords; for Training Centre venues;
4. Rs. 10,000/per year - for 3 hand knotted Looms; and for Rs. 2000/- per year for 6 hand tufted looms;
5. Raw Material, equipments & small tools being used in the hand-knotted and hand tufted carpet weaving trainings are also provided by the CEPC;
We request CEPC Member-exporters to kindly come forward to undertake the work of providing training to artisans in their respective areas in Mirzapur-Bhadohi-Varanasi Carpet Producing belts and help CEPC in implementing the Council’s objective to fill the gap of skilled weavers in the market as non-availability of skilled weavers is pinching the sales output of Members.
Interested Members may kindly confirm their interest latest by coming Monday i.e. 15th June 2015.
SHIV KUMAR GUPTA
Executive Director cum Secretary