CEPC/CHCDS-Trg-Cen/Cir-Mem/2015-16 Dated the 24th June 2015
All Members of COA, CEPC,
All Members of CEPC,
All Regional Carpet Manufacturing & Exporters Associations,
Subject: Training for Carpet Weaving - Skill Development on Hand–knotted & Hand Tufted Carpets in Mirzapur-Bhadohi-Varanasi, under CHCDS Mega Carpet Cluster scheme of the Govt of India
As you are aware that Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC) has taken initiative for imparting trainings in both the segments of hand-knotted and hand-tufted carpet weaving to the artisans with the aim of creating skilled manpower in carpet sector. The training programme will address the current lack of skilled weavers in the cluster as well as upgrade skills sets to enhance productivity and quality standards, thereby leading to increased production and export potential.
Salient features of the scheme are as under:
CEPC will provide the followings during the training duration:
1. Rs. 2400/-p.m. to all the trainees;
2. Rs. 7000/- p.m. to all the trainers;
3. Rs. 2500/- p.m. as lease rent to the Land lords for Training Centre venues;
4. Rs. 10,000/per year - for 3 hand knotted Looms; and for Rs. 2000/- per year for 6 hand tufted looms;
5. Raw Material, equipments & small tools being used in the hand-knotted and hand tufted carpet weaving trainings are also provided by the CEPC;
We request CEPC Member-exporters to kindly come forward to assist CEPC in undertaking the work of providing training to artisans in their respective areas in Mirzapur-Bhadohi-Varanasi Carpet Producing belts and help CEPC in implementing the Council’s objective to fill the gap of skilled carpet weavers.
Interested Members may please submit their response at our Bhadohi Regional Office : Carpet Export Promotion Council, 1st Floor, Kaleen Bhawan, Maryad Patti, Bhadohi (UP) 221401 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by 29th June 2015.
SHIV KUMAR GUPTA
Executive Director cum Secretary