- It will be responsibility of the Members to ensure that in their premises no child labour prohibited by the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act,1986 is employed. It will also be their responsibility to ensure that no order for manufacturing carpets/dhurries is given to nor raw material issued for weaving of carpets/dhurries on the loom which has not been registered or has been subsequently de-registered.
- In case it is found that any member of the Council is getting carpet/dhurry woven on a loom which has not been registered or has been de-registered then this will be a violation of the Code of Conduct and action will be taken against the defaulting member.
- A Council Member or Associate Member of the Carpet Export Promotion Council can buy or sell, for the purpose of trading, carpet/dhurries only from/to other Council Member or Associate Member of the Carpet Export Promotion Council.
- In case of violation of the Code of Conduct, a Show-Cause Notice will be issued to the members by giving him/her an opportunity to explain the circumstances under which the violation has been made.
- The explanation so received will be placed before the Committee of Administration to enable it to decide action to be taken in respect of that violation.
- In case a member is found guilty of violating any of the terms of the Code of Conduct of more than two occasions, the Secretary, Carpet Export Promotion Council will put the case before the Committee of Administration for a decision regarding de-registration of such members.
- It will be the responsibility of each member to ensure strict compliance of the Code of Conduct.
- The Code of Conduct shall apply to all members of the Council including Associate Members.